woman talking on the phone holding baby and paper in one arm looking at laptop computer sitting on table
Person to Person (P2P)
What is it?
We offer a free P2P or Person to Person payment service that lets you instantly send money directly from your Porter Bank checking account to a friend’s bank DEBIT card (US only).
How Does It Work?
In your Porter Bank app or digital banking, you set your friend up as a payee by entering their name and phone number or email or card details. Your friend gets a txt or email notification with a link. They open the link, enter their bank debit card and expiration, and submit. Funds are sent instantly!
What Sets Us Apart?
- Real time
- Our P2P product is real time, meaning money is sent on your real-time balance. Payroll deposit coming in today? You can use those funds to send money out immediately. Money is also sent real-time, so there’s no delay in receiving. Recipient will get their money loaded on their bank debit card today, not tomorrow!
- Money is sent securely from our bank to your friend’s bank – with our financial institution’s data encryption on your side.
- You as the sender are not giving your bank information to a third-party product or having to create a separate holding/prepaid account with another product and then take an additional step in transferring the money to your bank account.
- Quick and easy receiving of money – your recipient will get a text or email notification requesting that they enter their debit card number and expiration date – that’s it!
- Your money is always insured at the bank by FDIC Insurance up to $250,000 – not the case with other P2P apps that hold users’ money.
- Customer Support
- Questions about the product? Get the customer support you come to expect from your hometown bank.
All card information through our P2P service is fully encrypted to ensure complete security and compliance. You as the sender never see the recipient’s card details, but it is saved for the convenience of future payments.