Hispanic businesswoman smiles while showing a document to a male associate.
Where Relationships Are Valued...
Porter Bank is comprised of three offices in Porter, Chesterton and The Pines employing about 35 people. We are dedicated to our community and have been serving it for 102 years! We offer a wide variety of careers from entry level on the Teller Line, Customer Service, and New Accounts to more advanced in our Loan, Compliance, and Operations Departments. We encourage fostering our employees education and offer on-the-job training, industry-specific training and tuition reimbursement.
A Message from the CEO
At Porter Bank our employees are encouraged and empowered to be a part of the decision making whether it is products, policies, procedures, etc. We recognize individuality and appreciate that everyone has personal strengths to add to the success of the organization. Many of our employees have worked here for 10, 20, even 30 years! We stress respect and harmony for a positive enjoyable work environment. We hope you will consider joining our Team!
~ Jackie Ruge – Perkins
Business Development/Commercial Loan Officer
Actively participate in the bank’s lending program including overall production goals and operations. Evaluation, negotiate and recommend loan requests. Understanding of and work with loan participations and secondary market lending. Adhere to the written loan policy and underwriting guidelines. Solicit and maintain a loan portfolio consisting of all loan types; commercial, mortgage, construction, consumer and HELOC. Represent the bank in public through involvement in the community.
o Community Reinvestment Act
o Others as appropriate
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
• Solicit new business: loan, deposit & other services offered by the Bank:
o Make Calls to new clients
o Take telephone inquires
o Respond to referrals (internal and external)
o Search out and develop “Center of Influence” sources (Accountants, Realtors, etc.)
• Manage relationships with existing clients:
o Annual (or more frequent) review
o Being available via personal contact or telephone
• Evaluate new borrowers/loan requests:
o Evaluate risk & quality of borrower/loan request
o Structure loan terms
o Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit and cash flow coverage*
o Collateral Valuation
o Obtain Required documentation
o Complete Loan Presentation Form
*With assistance from Credit Analyst and Sageworks software
• Assist in the training and development of credit analysts and junior loan officers
• Assist with delinquent, classified accounts and OREO
• Assist in the development or enhancement of products and services
• Prepare reports for various committees or Board as assigned
• Duties or assignments that may be asked of or appointed to as necessary or important to the operation of the Department or Bank
• Extensive prior experience in banking industry including lending and management
• Strong financial analytical and underwriting skills
• Clear understanding of government enhancement programs
o Small Business Administration Programs
o Regional Development Programs
o Capital Access Program
• Knowledge of loan participation and secondary market programs.
• Knowledge of lending policies and procedures inclusive of federal and state regulatory requirements
• Strong leadership and communication skills